St James Churchyard
The church is set in the centre of a large level churchyard alongside the Westerleigh village green, situated near the edge of the Cotswold hills.
Index of graves: Stjames_westerleigh_graves_index.pdf
Details of graves: Stjames_westerleigh_graves_list.pdf
Map of graves: Stjames_westerleigh_graves_map.pdf
Churchyard Local Regulations
The rules for graves and memorials at St James are governed by the Diocese of Bristol Churchyard Regulations 2021. Search online for ‘Bristol-churchyard-regulations-2021.pdf.’
THIS IS A PLASTIC-FREE CHURCHYARD.
- Please do not leave any items of plastic or non-compostable wrapping. Any such items will be removed.
- New cremation plots will be dug to a size of 30 x 30 x 30cm
- Cremated remains should be put into the ground without a casket.
- Memorials over cremated remains shall be just below the level of the turf and measure no more than 45 x 30cm.
- Memorials should be sunk low enough to allow a mower to pass over them. They should not be placed in a surround.